Call for Young Queer & Allied Artists
Submission Deadline: Sunday, September 4th
Youth OUTright, WNC, Inc. is accepting all visual artwork from self-identified LGBTQIA+ youth and organizations that work with these youth (up to age 23).
Young Voices 2016 visual art exhibit will be presented at The Millroom (66 Ashland Ave, Asheville, NC, 28801) on Tuesday, September 13th 7-10PM.
- What does “queer” mean to you?
- How do you express your identity?
- What stories and experiences have shaped who you are and how you identify?
- How does your sexual and gender identity intersect with other parts of your identity (race/ethnicity, ability, religion, etc.)?
- What does it mean to be a queer youth living in this particular time and place?
Now is the time for you to REPRESENT and express your hopes, dreams, aspirations, fears, frustrations, and beauty through any and all visual art mediums.
- Must be 23 years old or younger
- Any & all visual art mediums
- All content in your art must be original and/or you must have the rights to the content.
- Young Voices is an all-ages event. Please be mindful of this when submitting your work.
- All submissions MUST be labeled on the back of each piece with the following information: Artist’s Name and Title.
- Include the signed Media Release form with your submission.
Art Drop off Dates:
Sundays, August 7th – September 4th 3-6PM or Wednesdays, August 24th & 31st from 3-6PM at 20 Oak St (YO youth space)
If you are unable to drop off your artwork or have any inquires, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org